Okay, so I use to be a huge Oprah fan...I did all I could to never miss her show. Even though she's not my favorite anymore, the main reason I don't get to watch it....is because usually the TV's in my house, when on (which is not very much), is on Sesame Street or some hunting and fishing show. It's very rare I get to watch what I want, ha! Well my friend Kim is up with technology and records or Tivo's or whatever its called the shows she enjoys and watches them when she can. Well the other day she was sharing with me about an Oprah show she watched, several weeks later :), about "The Secret Lives of Moms". I looked into on Oprah.com....here is the link...
http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20090311-tows-mom-truth/1 . It was too funny!!
I remember when I first got married, people would ask "How's married life?" and I would say...it's great! Because that's how it's suppose to be right? When I would ask others that question....they would say the same thing. Don't get me wrong I love my husband and we have a great marriage, but if you've been married a few years you know it is something you have to work at....it's not all fairy tale love. (After 5 years I still haven't figured out how to teach him to pick up his clothes off the floor...there's a hamper 2 feet away!!!) Anyway, when I was pregnant, the same question was asked, "How's pregnant life?" . It's great, I would say. However, I wanted to say....my boobs are so big, my back hurts...I can't brush my teeth without gagging, etc. Yes, there were great things to being pregnant, but that's all that was talked about. It wasn't until I read, Jenny McCarthy's book, Belly Laughs , that I realized...wow!, other pregnant women felt the same way I did and they are talking about it! That is what brings me to the purpose of this blog..."How's motherhood?". Those who have raised a 2 year old can probably answer that question for me, (and yes I hear the trecherous 3's are worse! :) I love my munchkin more than words can ever explain, but there are times I want to pull my hair out! Like a friend "mom" of mine wrote in a card at my baby shower, Being a mom is the hardest job I've ever had, but one of the most rewarding! Hearing other mom's "truths", help me to realize it's not because I am a bad mom that Maeve ate half a container of tums before I caught her, or unrolled an entire roll (brand new) of toilet paper...again!!
On the Oprah Show she had one mom, Heather Armstrong writer of the blog dooce.com, share about how she got started blogging. She begin blogging in 2001 and actually got fired from her job because of her blog. She begin with 30 people following her blog....to now making $40,000 a month, yes a month!, from people wanting to advertise on her blog. She is now pregnant with her second child and her husband was able to quit his job and stay at home. Her blog is very truthful and explicit....she has many critize her thoughts. Anyway, if your a mom check it out...some of it is too funny...if you are not a mom check it out she also posts a daily picture, and a style tip. Here are some other mom blogs Oprah shared:
Meet the moms featured on Secret Lives of Moms, and get all the information on their books and blogs!
Daphne BrogdonCoolMom.com
Momversation.com
Melinda Roberts
Momversation.com
TheMommyBlog.com
Mommy Confidential: Adventures from the Wonderbelly of Motherhood
Karen Walrond
Momversation.com
Chookooloonks.com
Giyen Kim
Momversation.com
BaconIsMyEnemy.com
Heather Armstrong
Dooce.com
It Sucked and Then I Cried: How I Had a Baby, a Breakdown, and a Much Needed Margarita
Laura Bennett
TheDailyBeast.com
Cheli English-Figaro and Dee-Dee Jackson
MochaMoms.org
Stefanie Wilder-Taylor
Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay: And Other Things I Had to Learn as a New Mom
Vicki Glembocki
The Second Nine Months: One Woman Tells the Real Truth About Becoming a Mom. Finally.
vickiglembocki.com
Heija Nunn
Heija.com
Romi Lassally
TruuConfessions.com
True Mom Confessions: Real Moms Get Real
nu=3248)8+9%29737%29WSNRCG%3D323447%3B3945%3B8nu0mrj.jpg)




1 comments:
YUP! I hear ya!! Its about time women stop hiding behind their bellies and husbands and start speaking of how they REALLY feel. I love it and it is inspiring and such a breath of fresh air. I saw the show when it originally aired...and like you, I rarely ever get to watch what I want, so it was kind of ironic. I now follow dooce.com as well. I love her! (And I want to make $40,000 on my blog as well....HAHA!)
Post a Comment