Visitors to my blog

Sunday, June 28, 2009

White Coat Anxiety or just being 2!!??

So Maeve has never been great about going to the doctor...she hates the doctor worse than I hate the dentist! Well, now that she's getting bigger....holding her down for Dr. Johnson and shots, has become quite the challenge. For her 2 year check-up I decided to 1. leave daddy at home (he gives in to her to easily) 2. bring " her baby" for a check-up and 3. bribe her with her own doctor's kit if we made it though the appointment with out kicking and screaming (and embarrassing mom)! When we first got there she pitched a fit to be weighed, but than they let her weigh her babydoll! Why had I not thought of this earlier!! We made it through the full check-up without a temper tantrum!!! Mom had finally won!! The only time she cried was for a brief second when she got her shots, but as soon as she AND her baby got a band-aid for there boo-boo's....life was great again! Dr. Johnson even let her play with his tools! They are so good with kiddos!! Hopefully we have overcome the anxiety....and yes she got her own doctor's kit! She has done a check up on all of her dolls. So, here's to a future of better doctor's appointments!!



Here we are at Dr. Johnson's at 1 week old....

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is too funny!!! What a big girl :) Maybe a Dr. Hulsey in the future???

Anonymous said...

Soo cute! I used to have one of those little kits:(!! Time goes so fast! Leah thanks for the comment today! I just added you to my favorite links on my page!