One of my most treasured childhood memories is my Cabbage Patch doll. My grandmother took my sister and I to Cleveland, Georgia in 1986 to the home of the infamous Xavier Roberts dolls...the Cabbage Patch Kids. Grandma took us to get our "own babies", when my mom was bringing home my new baby brother. A building full of baby dolls...what more could a child ask for! Well, when I had Maeve I couldn't wait to share this tradition with her. Maeve is such a little mama, always pretending to feed and diaper her dolls, she also points out every "real" baby we see. So, I decided what better way to spend her 2 year birthday, than BabyLand, and to go with some special ladies in my life. So, my grandmother, mom, sister, and I find ourselves at Babyland. Although, the prices have definitely gone up and there is now a room with Toys R Us labels everywhere....It was like reliving that childhood memory...Wall to wall babies, the infamous stamp on the butt, watching a baby being born in the cabbage patch, the tree with all the cabbages underneath, so exciting! So here's to Xavier Roberts for creating such special memories in my family!
Here Lindsey and I are 23 years ago..... (1986)
And now with my daughter........ (2009)
A few pictures from our visit...
I'm not sure who was more into watching the baby being born....Heading home with our new baby...Perry Leigh Hulsey.
Lawrence Hyde Obituary
7 months ago




4 comments:
I love these pictures! I hope I can take a little girl there one day and pick out a doll! Secretly, I think it would be for me! I hope Maeve had a great birthday! Can you believe that 2 years have passed?
I think Lindsey really like watching that little patch hatch, LOL!
I can't believe 23 years have passed! Looking forward to Lindsey and Tyler to continue the tradition! :)
These are wonderful! I got my first Cabbage Patch when I was five and my sister was seven. I will never forget it. We had the best time when we went. Maeve is such a lucky little girl...and BEAUTIFUL! You're going to have boys calling your house all the time. :) Happy birthday to her!
Post a Comment